The Kinks are a revered band of the old school. Begun way back in the early days of Rock and Roll. The Kinks, with two brothers (Ray, and Dave), along with Mick Avory, Pete Quaife, John Dalton, and John gosling, among some others as replacements forged a legacy that few bands have enjoyed, even to this day. Over the years, their songs have remained in the hearts of fans, as well as the albums they came on.
On October 14, Legacy will look back at the long run that the band had. Legacy has planned a 2CD, 48-track Essential series collection that revisits the Pye/Reprise, RCA, Arista, and Columbia Records years of the band. All of the tracks selected for this set were personally selected by Ray Davies, and approved for their inclusion by the band.
The 2CD The Essential Kinks set will include several live performance tracks, a few US single versions, and a huge selection of career-spanning tracks that measure their greatness from the years that include the ’60s through the ’90s.
The Essential Kinks will contain a booklet that will host new liner notes by David Bowie, vintage photos, and more. This career set will precede a Legacy Edition of Muswell Hilllbillies expected in the Fall.
Remember, The Essential Kinks will be released on October 14, to be followed later by Muswell Hillbillies.
01) You Really Got Me
02) Stop Your Sobbing
03) All Day And All Of The Night
04) Tired Of Waiting For You
05) Nothin’ In This World Can
06) Stop Me Worryin’ ’Bout That Girl
07) Ev’rybody’s Gonna Be Happy
08) A Well Respected Man
09) Dedicated Follower Of Fashion
10) Who’ll Be The Next In Line
11) Set Me Free
12) See My Friends
13) Sunny Afternoon
14) Dead End Street
15) Death Of A Clown
16) Autumn Almanac
17) David Watts
18) Waterloo Sunset
20) The Village Green Preservation Society
21) Do You Remember Walter?
22) Picture Book
26) 20th Century Man
27) Supersonic Rocket Ship
28) Celluloid Heroes (U.S. single version)
01) Here Comes Yet Another Day
02) You Don’t Know My Name
03) Till The End Of The Day (live 1972)
04) One Of The Survivors
05) Sweet Lady Genevieve
06) Everybody’s A Star (Starmaker)
07) Life On The Road
09) Life Goes On
10) A Rock ’N’ Roll Fantasy (single version)
11) Father Christmas
12) (Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman
13) Lola (live 1979)
14) Where Have All The Good Times Gone (live 1979)
15) Better Things (single version)
17) Come Dancing
18) Don’t Forget To Dance
19) Do It Again
20) Living On A Thin Line