Vinyl LPs are being pushed out the door as fast as they can by several record labels. There are a few titles that should be noteworthy for vinyl enthusiasts. I’ll list them here as bullet items:
- Zoom – Electric Light Orchestra – Plastic Head Records – January 7, 2014
- Live – Electric Light Orchestra – Plastic Head Records – January 7, 2014
- Mr Blue Sky: The Very Best Of Electric Light Orchestra – Plastic Head Records – January 7, 2014
- Armchair Theater – Jeff Lynne – Plastic Head Records – January 7, 2014
- White Light/White Heat – The Velvet Underground – Polydor – December 3
- Burials – AFI – Republic Records – November 5
- Cuts Like A Diamond – Little River Band – Plastic Head Records – February 11, 2014
- X – Focus – Plastic Head Records – January 7, 2014
- Can Do – Pat Travers Band – Plastic Head Records – February 11, 2014
- Wise Up: Thought Remixes And Reworks – Elvis Costello & The Roots – Blue Note Records – December 17
There are many others, especially coming from Plastic Head Records, later in the year (Thin Lizzy (3 titles), Grave Digger (5 titles), James Brown (1 title), and Pete Seeger (5 titles)).
Matador Records in preparing for Record Store Day will issue a vinyl exclusive with a set commemorating the best of their 2013. The LP will contain songs, some of them previously unreleased tracks, from Queens Of The Stone Age, Yo La Tengo, and Savages, to name a few. The set will be called Matador Records 2013: It’s Been A Business Doing Pleasure With You, and is slated for November 29.
Rhino Records moves the anticipated 3LP reissue of The Last Waltz by The Band to a new date. The calendar should now be mark for December 3.
Plastic Head have X from Focus coming on CD scheduled for January 21.
Verve Forecast have a Various Artists set coming on November 19 called Verve Singles Box.
Several titles have been remastered into HD Digital formats for whatever services (HD Tracks, iTunes) that utilize them. They are:
- Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy – Elton John – October 22
- Elton John – Elton John – October 22
- Slowhand – Eric Clapton – October 22
- Voice Of Joy – Friar Alessandro – October 29
- Days Of Future Passed – The Moody Blues – October 22
Matador Records will release an LP version of Matador Singles ’08 featuring Jay Reatard, as well as his Watch Me Fall, both on November 19.
Rhino will release three variations of the next Eric Clapton Crossroads series with Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013. That title will issue on 2DVD, 2BD, and 2CD individually acquirable sets.
Original Recordings Group plan the LP reissue of the legendary Jim Hall title, Concierto, on November 19.
Rhino will release the 3CD set of Clockwork Angels Live featuring Rush on November 19.
Real Gone Music have a 5CD box featuring The Animals distilling down to the era of Mickie Most with The Animals: The Mickie Most Years And More. This is scheduled for November 25.
ISO/Columbia Records have The Next Day Extra featuring more for the recently released David Bowie album, The Next Day. It is scheduled for November 5.
RCA Records have Greatest Hits featuring Dido on the calendar for November 25.
RCA Records have Baptized coming from Daughtry in a CD, and a Deluxe CD set, planned for November 19.
Razor & Tie have a 10th Anniversary reissue on tap for As The Palaces Burn, the 2003 release from Lamb Of God. It’s scheduled for November 11 in both CD and LP forms.
Finally, a brief note to alert fans waiting on the upcoming Lily & Madeleine full-length album, it is important to know that the new album does NOT contain ANY of the songs found on the five-cut EP (The Weight Of The Globe). The new album contains all new songs. The self-titled new album releases via Asthmatic Kitty on October 29 on CD, DD, and vinyl LP.