Michael Rosenberg, better known as Passenger, is an English singer-songwriter who has enjoyed quite a measure of success. I caught a live show by Passenger at Minneapolis’ famed First Avenue venue in the heart of downtown. Passenger had the fans in a rapture.
Their first album was released in 2009. By the band’s fourth album, All The Little Lights (2012), they were selling Platinum status. Passenger’s last album was The Boy Who Cried Wolf, released in 2017. For Passenger, they still sell well in the UK and Australia. The US base is still showing interest.
On August 31, the band’s long time label, Black Crow, will release the new album, Runaway. It will contain ten new songs. One of the songs, “Hell Or High Water” is currently available (heard below). Runaway will be released on CD, 2CD Deluxe Edition (with ten bonus live recordings from various National Parks), and DD.
Runaway – Passenger
CD1 (original album):
01. Hell Or High Water
02. Why Can’t I Change
03. Heart To Love
04. Let’s Go
05. He Leave You Cold
06. Ghost Town
08. Eagle Bear Buffalo
09. To Be Free
CD2 (Bonus Live Tracks):
01. Survivors – Live from Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park, CA
02. To Be Free – Live from Dauphin Rd, Vineland, NJ
03. Eagle Bear Buffalo – Live from Canaan Mountain Wilderness Area, UT
04. Runaway – Live from Joshua Tree National Park, CA
05. Ghost Town – Live from Michigan Theatre, Detroit, MI
06. He Leaves You Cold – Live from Unityville, PA
07. Let’s Go – Live from Trough Rd, State Bridge, CO
08. Heart To Love – Live from a rooftop in Manhattan, NY
09. Why Can’t I Change – Live from Tahkenitch Landing Campground, Gardiner, OR
10. Hell Or High Water – Live from Santa Monica Beach, CA